Celebrity Access is a password authenticated database with a license for one simultaneous user. A daily password is sent from Celebrity Access to log into the database. This password must be given to users each day. If more than one user tries to login with the same password, our access will be discontinued. It’s important that we restrict this from happening.
Therefore it is only available in room 259 through a desktop shortcut. The password will be available via an MTSU e-mail account that will be accessible to the Reference desk.
When a student requests access to Celebrity Access:
1) Go to http://www.mtsu.edu/email/ to look up the daily password.
2) Use Faculty/Staff Exchange to log into the following account:
• User name: erpassword
• Password: [see Reference binder]
3) Give the student the Username, Password, and daily password using one of the enclosed sheets in the Reference binder.
4) Open the door to 259, making sure that the handle is still in the locked position, so it will lock when the student leaves the room.