Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Voyager - Persistent Links

In the same vein as Jason's recent post about the Voyager Canned Search Generator, here are Mary Ellen's instructions for creating a persistent link to a single item record:
Search the OPAC for the book or record you want. Click on the MARC view. The 001 field will give you the Bib ID number. Then create the following link, where nnnn is the BibID number, http://voyager.mtsu.edu/cgi-bin/Pwebrecon.cgi?BBID=nnnnn

So if you wanted to link to Terry Pratchett's Thud! you would create the following link: http://voyager.mtsu.edu/cgi-bin/Pwebrecon.cgi?BBID=675715
I copied the dummy link and pasted it as a sticky note to my Google home page, so I have it handy without having to look through my email (or this blog!).

-Kristen

2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you posted this. I'm always searching back through my old Pegasus (!) mail to find it. Thanks. --Amy

    ReplyDelete
  2. ha-that's why I posted it, so I don't have to keep searching "persistent link" in my mailbox.

    ReplyDelete