We have a no-cost version of Worldcat Local because of our subscription to Firstsearch. Mayo, Mary Ellen, Ken and Jackie have looked at the site and spent some time configuring the set up. We have it to the point that we would like input from Reference Librarians about its strengths, drawbacks and possible uses. You can get to it either of two ways: Direct web link:
http://mtsu.worldcat.org/
A search box that can be used in Libdata or placed on webpages: http://library.mtsu.edu/libdata/page.phtml?page_id=76
If you get a chance to play with it please post comments here.
Thanks, Mayo
Thursday, October 1, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
When I tried to use this from home, I was directed to the ezproxy list of databases instead of being taken to my worldcat results.
ReplyDeleteThanks, I'll check on this. ~MEP
ReplyDeleteI like it. The "new books" lists are very cool. The "Google preview" is also a nice feature. Does this mean we don't need a new OPAC? I see that UWashington uses it as the default search box on their home page. I'm still trying to figure out how all these things work together.
ReplyDelete