I asked Serials Solutions to remove article-level links for Wilson databases from Article Linker and instead they removed them from Article Linker entirely - whooops. Apparently, it's not possible to remove just the Article Level links. I've asked them to put the Wilson databases back in.
I also asked them to make the Interlibrary loan link available every time, instead of only when Article-level links are not available. So when there really is no coverage, there is easier access to the Illiad request form.
Lastly, I asked them to turn on one-click for all databases. We'll see which ones are having continuing problems with one-click and just disable those.
Let me know if you have any questions. Below is an e-mail from Serials Solutions that outlines their continuing work with Ebsco to improve the knowledgebase.
_______________________________________________________________
Serials Solutions Support Center
Hi Mary Ellen,
I got a great update from my coworker Christene. It appears that EBSCOhost is aware of this issue "EBSCO Support Case #885143 ER 57294". They are in the process of update their databases. At the moment we are not getting updates for many and we are manually updating the databases ourselves. Update below:
"In regards to your request for the title list to OmniFile Full Text Mega to be available on our FTP site, I have recorded this as an Enhancement Request, which allows me to pass your feedback on to our developers and to track requests of this nature from our customers going forward.
I am also working with the Product Manager and our MARC update process to see if there is a timeframe for when these title lists will be loaded to the FTP site. Once I have more information in regards to your request, I will send you a follow-up email."
I wanted to share this information with you. We are looking forward to this being addressed ASAP.
Have a nice week!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment