Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Random reference question of the week

I lucked into getting this barrage of questions at 4:57 p.m. (three minutes before I left the reference desk) on a recent Friday afternoon. The guy asked to speak to someone "who's been around for a while."

I did a little searching, but ultimately suggested that the student contact ITD on Monday morning. Thankfully, he returned this week and shared his answers with Karen Dearing. I am recording them here for posterity. The answers are apparently courtesy of Robin Jones in ITD.

Question 1. What year did MTSU start issuing email addresses to students?   1994

Question 2. What year did MTSU implement the ability to register for classes via phone system?  1992

Question 3. What year did MTSU implement the ability to register for classes online?  1998

Question 4. What year did MTSU implement online classes? True online courses started in 2000

Question 5. What year did MTSU implement D2L?  D2L was implemented in 2006.  The first course management system actually started in 1998

-Posted by J.V.

1 comment:

  1. Awesome. Thanks for sharing. I was asked last week when we stopped using a paper card catalog. The question came after 5 pm and the best Sharon and I could come up with was mid 1990s.

    ReplyDelete