Ebsco support helped me set up a search profile that would search all of our supscribed databases at once: Ebsco MultiDatabase Search.
What should we call it and where should it go? Mayo already suggested replacing ASP on the Find Articles and Research Gateway pages. Should this replace all instances of ASP in the 'Find Articles in Other Databases' category on subject guides, much like we have with Omnifile and General Onefile? Any other suggestions?
Finally, is it too close to the start of the semester to make this change?
Tuesday, August 25, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I'm also setting up a similar search profile for the eight CSA products. I guess it's too bad the Sage products aren't on the CSA platform anymore.
ReplyDeleteWe don't have many of the CSA products in the 'Other databases' category. We can add the CSA multidatabase search to the Research Gateway and Find Articles. If there are any specific subject guides it would be useful for, I would be glad to add it to those as well.
Here's the CSA link
ReplyDeleteAmy suggested calling these, Ebsco Power Search and CSA Power Search.
Hello? Is there anybody out there?
I added them to LibData as Ebsco Power Search and CSA Power Search for use in Courselib pages and perhaps some subject guides.
ReplyDeleteMy initial reaction is to not replace ASP with Ebsco Power Search on Find Articles, but perhaps I'm overanticipating the number of people who go to Find Articles looking for ASP.
ReplyDeleteI tested out a few searches and it seems to work well. I do agree with Kristen that it might confuse people looking for ASP, but maybe we could but one of those (formerly Academic Search Premier) tags. And maybe ditch the one for General OneFile. Or, what about still calling it Academic Search Premier, even though it's really a lot of things? It's not like anyone will know the difference.
ReplyDeleteAmy