Thursday, November 19, 2009

Project Muse low usage

Usage of Project Muse in 08/09 was abysmal. It's costing nearly $2 per session. I see in LibData that it only appears in the 'Find Articles in Other Databases' category.

Are there any subject guides where it could be moved to 'Best Sources for this Subject'? Are there other subject guides it can be added to? It appears on:

African American Studies
Anthropology
English Language and Literature
History
Mathematical Sciences
Music
Philosophy
Political Science
Social Work
Sociology
Speech and Theatre
Theatre and Dance
Women's Studies

Any other ideas? Thanks for your help in promoting this and other resources that may be of use to our patrons.

3 comments:

  1. One idea: Since it is interdisciplinary, we could move it to the "Starting Points" on the Find Articles page.

    Truthfully, I never really think of Project Muse as a search tool, though I feel like it comes up a lot in my use of Article Linker.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, it should be coming up a lot with Article Linker. Any way to bump it up in the one-click priority?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are both good ideas. I'll follow up on these. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete