Friday, June 12, 2009

LibGuides Preview

The Subject Guide Team, part of the Library Web Committee, is looking at possible replacements for the LibData subject guide platform. More to come on that later; this post is a teaser to say that the team will be soliciting your input, as either or both a subject guide author user.

One available system is LibGuides. If you're looking for something to pass the time at the reference desk, see what you think about this MTSU art subject guide I created in LibGuides. It quickly morphed into a vehicle for the resource page to accompany instruction we did for the Governor's School art students, hence the GSA Students tab. And it's quite a work in progress, with only a little bit of content loaded so far.

Nonetheless, I encourage everyone to take a look and imagine what could be if we hosted all our library subject guides on this platform. And as I said, more to come later!

-KW

3 comments:

  1. If you're feeling super fired-up about this, you're welcome to browse, edit or comment on the wiki at http://mtsulibref.pbworks.com/Subject-Guides

    ReplyDelete
  2. Greetings. I'm chair of the Subject Guides committee at Georgia Tech, and we are looking for a new subject guides software. We are considering Subjects Plus, Library a la Carte, LibData, and LibGuides. Please, could someone tell me why you are moving away from LibData? And any comments on your selection process would be appreciated. Please email me at mary.axford@library.gatech.edu. I'd be most grateful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, Mary. Thanks for your interest. I sent you an email response this morning. - K. West

    ReplyDelete