Selected Univ 1010 classes are participating in an online exam called SAILS (Standardized Assessment of Information Literacy Skills) that will help us understand their level of research skills.
We've been getting some SAILS stragglers who didn't come to the library with their University 1010 classes but need to take the exam.
I've put a few extra log-ins at the reference desk (by the password binder) in a manilla envelope for these students. If asked for a SAILS log-in, please ask them to read the "Introductory Script" (a brown piece of paper, also in the envelope) before handing it out. This is part of our IRB-mandated "informed consent" so that the student understands what they are getting into.
Questions? Refer the person to me at jvance@mtsu.edu or ext. 7871. I can email them a log-in if it's after hours and I'm not here. Thanks -- Jason
Thursday, September 17, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment